Help! Where do I go?
WHEN YOU FIRST REALISE that your child has an additional need, or you have had a diagnosis, it is likely you will experience a range of emotions from sadness to relief. Do not feel you have to become an expert on your child’s condition overnight. Take your time. There is lots of information and support available depending on what it is you need. We have listed organisations below that may be able to help. This list is not conclusive so please contact us if you can’t find what you are looking for. There is also a list of Peer Support Groups in West Sussex under our Information Section Dropdown.
SERVICES IN WEST SUSSEX
Information about available services in West Sussex for children and young people from birth to 25 who have SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) including:
* A Calendar listing all events happening in West Sussex and beyond
* Read parents comments after visiting a place or attending an event
* Discover new Services (places and activities) that could support your family
* Information on money, benefits, annual reviews, statutory needs assessments, school transport, factsheets to give you starting information and pointers on where to go to next
* Leave Feedback on how the site could be improved for you and your familyVisit www.westsussex.local-offer.org Email email@example.com Call 03302 228555 – ask for the Local Offer.
MULTI AGENCY SAFEGUARDING HUB (MASH)
If you have concerns about the welfare of a child or young person, a general enquiry about their social care, or an enquiry about an assessment for a direct payment or a personal budget. Call 01403 229900.
SUPPORT AND INFORMATION ABOUT SCHOOLS
SEND IAS Information and Advice (formerly West Sussex Parent Partnership) provide impartial advice and information to parents and carers of children who have SEND. Visit www.westsussex.local-offer.org/services/7 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Call 03302 228555.
LOOKING AFTER PARENT CARERS – CAREERS SUPPORT WEST SUSSEX
CARERS HEALTH TEAM
Manage your own health and wellbeing in order to cope with the demands of your daily routine. Call South Team on 01243 623521 or North Team on 01403 227000.
For help with accessing government benefits for children with SEND. Email Robert.email@example.com
WEST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL SHORT BREAKS
Provides fun, leisure and social activities for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities outside of the school day. There are certain criteria to be able to access Shortbreaks, email them for more information. Email Short.firstname.lastname@example.org